Amazon reports automatically map to LumaTax for easy upload of transaction history. If your clients sell on Amazon, use the steps below to export data from Amazon to .csv for upload into LumaTax.
The Payments reports are also known as Date Range Reports. Payments reports are preferred because they include refunds, which Orders reports omit. Additionally, the Payments reports include a marketplace facilitator flag, which some Orders reports omit.
Amazon limits users to 365 days per report. You will need to run a report for each year. We recommend running reports for 2017 to present.
In Amazon Seller Central:
- Navigate to the Date Range tab and click Generate Report.
- Select Transaction Report (CSV).
- Select a Custom reporting range and select the start and end date for a calendar year 01/01/20XX to 12/31/20XX.
- Click Generate. Reports can take up to 1 hour to generate. If you don't see your report in the list yet, check back later.
- Repeat for each year.
- Navigate to the Client Dashboard for this client by selecting them from the drop down in the upper left.
- Go to the card for Data and click the Upload Data button. Note: You will not be able to upload the data until the client's profile is completed.
- Click Continue. Locate and select the file on your computer.
- The files should automatically map. You will know this was successful if the amazon logo appears at the top of the page after upload. Click Continue.
- Review the valid and invalid rows and download your validation report.
- When ready, upload additional files or return to the Client Dashboard to run a Nexus Analysis Report.